Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy Moments!

I did a little happy dance today in the grocery store called Nacional, which is owned by Wal-Mart.  Yes, I really did a little happy dance. 

I have been unable to find a certain pasta I love, which are pasta shells. I'm having a dinner tonight for all the ex-pats and I wanted to make stuffed shells (a favorite dish!) for them.  A few key ingredients necessary for stuffed shells are:
1) The pasta shells
2) Ricotta Cheese

Well, first I could not find ricotta cheese...then I found it earlier this week! Whoo-hoo! It's called Queijo Tipo de Quark. I basically bought several kinds of cheese until I found the ricotta. Ingredient #2 - FOUND!

I looked at 2 different grocery stores in Horizontina for the shells. No luck. I decided to drive to Santa Rosa (about 45 minutes away) to go to Nacional. I figured it wouldn't hurt to see if they had them. I was 99% sure finding the pasta shells was only a dream. Well, I found them in the pasta aisle. I couldn't believe it!  I did a little shriek then the happy dance. People were staring, but if they only knew!!!!

Then, as an added bonus, I found Roma Tomatoes!!! I can use them to make a homemade pasta sauce tonight. So, all of my ingredients have been found and now I can make a real Italian-Brazilian recipe of stuffed shells! 

Yippee!!!!  Photos of my finds attached!

Um abraco......Mollie


Shells and a Roma Tomato

No comments: