Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Big Accomplishment Today! And Some Good News!

I had a pretty big accomplishment today at work!

I have several weekly meetings on various projects with people from other departments. Normally, a person from my team goes with me to the meeting since I am still working on mastering the language. I had a meeting that started at 2 pm and I decided at the last minute to go to the meeting on my own, without any help, and give it a try.  I told this guy on my team and he said if I needed help to just call him. 


So, I went to the meeting, which started 15 minutes late (typical in Brazil). I survived, however, the next 45 minutes in Portuguese and a little English!!! I actually understood most of what was said....well, ok, about 70% and even threw out a few comments to add to the meeting. They are still pretty cavemanish, but at least I did it!!!! I even got assigned a few action items! Whoo-hoo!!!

A little bit of other good news for me:
  1. I think I've got a house lined up now! It's a pretty house with a fireplace and a lot of space. It's owned by a John Deere guy who moved away. I saw him earlier this week and I think we made a deal!
  2. My air shipment (16 cubic feet) of my STUFF from the US is supposed to arrive in Horizontina on Monday!!!! I can't wait to get some different clothes, my momma's handmade quilts and my KASHI granola bars!!!!!!!!
  3. I got some intercompany mail today from my buddy, Russ!! I love to get mail down here.....I have some issues of Runner's World to read! YEAH!!!!!
Here is my address:
Mollie Wolf - Horizontina Pouch
One John Deere Place
Moline, IL   61265

If you send me something through intercompany mail, just put:
Mollie Wolf - Horizontina Pouch
DMAT/Supply Management

That's all for today!!!!

No comments: