Thursday, December 16, 2010

Back to Argentina

There are many things in life that I love to do. One of my passions is to TRAVEL! When I got my passport at 21 years of age, it was like I found a secret key that opened a door to many rich, new and life changing experiences. Travel is addictive and I cannot get enough of it!

So, here I am again traveling back for the second time in Argentina. I went in November 2009 with my wonderful friends J&D to Bariloche and Buenos Aires and we had a blast! I decided to come further south into Patagonia before I went home to San Diego for Christmas. I love Brazil, but a close second is Argentina. The food is AMAZING, the wine divine and the Dulce de Leche is to die for.

Here I am on my first day in a city called Puerto Madryn. It is approximately 1,400 kilometers (869 miles) from Buenos Aires on the Atlantic Ocean. It looks like parts of Nevada or Arizona and they only get 10 inches of rain per year. There is a lot of sea lions, birds and nature in this region. I arrived today and had a small tour of the city. It has about 80,000 people living here and is growing. The region was originally founded by the Welsh and there is a strong European influence here.

Here are some pictures of the first day - sea lions and birds! Stay tuned for Day #2!










No comments: