A popular form of advertising in Horizontina is hiring a guy on a motorcycle to drive up and down residential neighborhoods with a big speaker on the back BLARING some advertisement for a grocery store, party, or whatever else is going on. It is deafening how loud it is and quite annoying.
In the past, I didn't understand what was being advertised because my portuguese wasn't so good. Now, I can, unfortunately, understand every word! UGH! There is so much truth in " Ignorance is bliss"!
It sounds like this..."Come to the new Zaleski where you can get sweetened condensed milk for R$1.50...." or "....SUPER promotion on mayonnaise R$2.59...." always followed by a "...don't miss out!"
I really wonder how effective this advertising is. I wonder if they do follow-up surveys or something to measure the effectiveness, in a quieter way?
Um abraco...Mollie
My Elsa and Anna. . .
10 years ago

1 comment:
HE JUST DROVE BY OUR HOUSE!!! (during Emma's nap of course!) and I was thinking, Some day I'm going to be prepared and take a picture of him so I can blog about how much I hate this man's job!! Pretty sure he hates his job too. . . at least I would! I might have to just link your post to my blog:) Oh, I'm still ignorant about what he's saying!
Post a Comment