Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter in Prague with Johnny...and Baking a Kasekuchen

I was in Germany for work right before Easter and decided to stay a little longer and take a side trip to see my brother. He is working/living in Poland and we decided to meet in Prague, in the Czech Republic to sightsee. He invited his two friends, Chris and Kevin, who are English with the quintessential accent! It was a lot of fun!! I used the old stand-by guide book " Rick Steves...Europe through the Back Door."  He never lets me down!! 


I also had a chance to see my good friend, Corinna, who lives near Mannheim, Germany. She is a really good friend, also working for Deere. We have always wanted to make a real german cheesecake. I stayed with her one night and we baked and had a great time!

Here are some pictures...
Mollie




Me and my brother

Monument to the survivors of communism

View from the faux Eifel Tower looking down onto Prague

Tulips blooming in the New Town, Prague

Johnny and green beer

Prague market and church

Jen Hus monument in Old Town Square

Me and Corinna enjoying our Kasekuchen


Corinna was supervising me!

1 comment:

Amy P said...

you and the back door guide! ;) Didn't Reimer give you a hard time about that way back when...