I am heading back to the US today for 3 weeks. You would think I would be excited to return to my country and I am!! But, I also want to stay in Brazil since my life is now there. After living in Horizontina for more than 8 months, I have adapted and accepted Brazil as my "home". Of course the US will always be "home" as well, but it feels strange to say " I am going home", when there is not any of my possessions in the US! I will drive a rental car, sleep on couches at my friends´ homes (thanks to my buddy & my ROCK!), and at the end, turn in an expense report for my meals. Kind of weird.
Even with all the challenges (bugs, electricity, etc.) in Horizontina, its my home and I am starting to like it and be more comfortable there. I guess maybe I am changing...or at least adapting better.
Well, I am VERY happy to see all my dearest friends and have STARBUCKS AND ITALIAN FOOD....PLUS SUSHI!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....Definitely have missed those!!!!!
Um abraço!
Mollie
My Elsa and Anna. . .
10 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment