Sunday, January 25, 2009

Vida de Horizontina....Life in Horizontina

I haven't been up to too many exciting things lately, but I thought I'd post what my life has been like lately. It seems this is becoming the rhythm of my life here and I am enjoying it. I also enjoy all the unexpected things that happen...well, kind of!! 

Two weekends ago:
  • Friday night - Churrasco/Barbeque with some Americans visiting...then movie with Alina
  • Saturday - Churrasco for lunch......then another churrasco at night with some friends until 2 am
  • Sunday - LAID AROUND AND DID NOTHING!!! WHOO-HOOO!!

During the week and this weekend:
  • Trip to supplier
  • Run with the girls (did I mention I am training for a half marathon???)
  • Swim at the pool - There is a "country club" that I joined which has a huge, 25m swimming pool. It is in the country and it's a club, but not exactly a country club. You can have a barbeque there, play tennis, and swim. No golf course and no stuffy people! I swam for the first time here and LOVED it!!!!
  • Friday night - Had the house fumigated for bugs (EW!)...stayed at Jen/Josh's house and ate pizza - THANK YOU!!!!! 
  • Saturday - relaxed at the pool..then went to a club in Tres de Maio with some friends until 3 am
  • Sunday - churrasco, of course

So, as you can see I have a lot of churrascos here and spend a fair amount of time with friends - Brazilians and Americans. I really like this mix because it helps me to improve my portuguese and to know more people!

Um abraco.....Mollie

No comments: