Friday, November 28, 2008

Doces da Natal - Baking Christmas Cookies

Today I hosted a "doces da natal" or sweet things of Christmas. I invited some Americans and  Brazilian girls over to my house and made some traditional holiday cookies. Each person brought some cookies or a recipe and we made it at my house. There were about 12 or 13 of us! It was so cool to exchange cultures and sweets! It was really hot! About 85 degrees! I played some of my favorite Christmas music and decorated with my holiday decor. 


It was so neat to share a little bit of American culture with the Brazilians. I made sugar cookies and we decorated them. They only saw the cookies in movies and it was so neat to see how excited they were to see these cookies for real!!! 

Here are some photos!

Um abraco.....Mollie









4 comments:

drummerm said...

Did I see a bag of chip ahoy?

Anonymous said...

Looks like your cookie party was a lot of fun!!!! The cookies look so tasty. :) Makes me miss making Christmas cookies with you! Please eat one (or two...!) cookies on my behalf. :) ~HBA

PS - Enjoy your warm weather, it is cold up here, with 3-5 inches of snow forecasted for today...hopefully our snowblower is ready today from its tune-up service!!!

Anonymous said...

What fun!! I remember baking Christmas cookies with 'The Girls' last year. We miss you!

h2babe said...

We're thinking of you here... big hugs from Charlotte.